Thursday, December 19, 2013

Christmas Wish
Christmas lights, decorations, trees, wreaths, Santa Claus, manger scenes (who are those white people?), wrapping paper, boxes, toys, pine cones, ribbons, the sound of children's voices raised in excitement, bells ringing, Salvation Army ringers collecting for that worthy institution and wishing everyone a Merry Christmas, Christmas movies, and Christmas music, all delightful and wonderful reminders of this amazing season.  Jesus is the reason for the season!  The greatest gift ever given in all of history is celebrated in this season!  It motivates us to give.  Just like Old Saint Nick was motivated to give and started the wonderful tradition of Santa Clause!
  
Someone asked me:  "If you could have one wish for Christmas, what would it be?"  I was quite surprised to realize that I didn't have to think about it!  I knew exactly what my one wish would be!  Perhaps you'd like to know what it was?  Yes, yes!  Get with it Bill  and tell us!  I wish that every person in the world could look into the loving eyes of Jesus, see and understand the depth of His wonderful love for us, and respond to that love with faith and obedience, loving each other as He loves us!

Grandchildren teach us a lot about wonder and discovery.  I love children and their exuberance.  They tend to love us in a sweet and innocent way.  Would that you and I could learn to express our love and excitement about each other in the same manner.  But we tend to be too stuffy and reserved, afraid to express our true emotions.  I think about the expressions of heaven when Jesus came!  So come on!  Let's get excited about Christmas!  Let's get excited about love, and giving, and generosity, and family, and friendship, and raise our voices in song and praise together to the reason for the season!  I love You Jesus!  I'm going to tell everyone:  "Merry Christmas!  Jesus loves you!"  

No comments:

Post a Comment